When I am sick or feeling imbalanced these are the practices that have helped me either prevent an oncoming virus or infection, or have helped me maintain my health. Please note I am not a doctor or health care provider, these are the remedies that I have found to help me. I did battle with candida and gut dysbiosis, and healed myself through a myriad of techniques, more on that later, but for now here is my short list.
1. Vitamin C-for when I feel something coming on
3. No Sugar i.e white sugar, cane syrup, or agave
4. Fresh ginger tea; take ginger root and steep it on low heat in a saucepan for hours and drink all day
5. Fresh vegetable juice made with a vitamix or juicer I use lots of greens, carrots, beets, ginger and tumeric
6. Miso soup with burdock root; burdock root is a blood cleanser and seaweed naturally draws out impurities
7. Hot baths made with sea salt, baking soda or depending on the ailment a mustard bath or ginger bath
8. Restorative yogasanas and meditation
10. Vitamin D3 or Fish Oil
Miso Soup Recipe
Heat gently (not boiling) fresh water ie purified if possible
1/2 C miso
Handful of Seaweed, I like a mix of Wakame and Kelp
2-3 carrots chopped
2 scallions chopped
1 burdock root peeled and chopped
1 stalk celery chopped
1 handful of shiitake or miitake mushrooms
fresh ginger grated to taste
3-4 radishes chopped
and a splash of ume plum vinegar
You can also add Rapunzel vegetable broth or kudzu starch to thicken.
Cook gently until the vegetables are tender but not too soft.
This is a great recipe for when you are sick or are wanting to cleanse your body. It is very nourishing yet light.